Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Manipuri Folk Song





Folk song always touches the core of my heart! So could be
yours!
Manipuri Folk Song.
North Eastern music should be given space in Bollywood:
Mangka
Manipuri folk singer Mangka Mayanglambam says Bollywood
should feature at least "some taste" of North Eastern music in films.
"The music here is very unique. There should be some
taste of North East in Bollywood films. Not the entire soundtrack but just enough
to know the viewers to about the vast culture of North East," Mangka told
PTI.
The young singer says she would love to sing a Hindi song
and considers legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar her favourite.
"Yes, of course I would love to (sing in Bollywood).
Music of any language or genre interests me. I love Lata ji, and even Monali
Thakur. I am very much interested in Hindi music apart from learning
traditional classical music."
Mangka was speaking at the 3rd edition of 'Colours of North
East', a festival organised by Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region
(DoNER) and Assam's socio-cultural trust Trend MMS.


"Folk culture represents an identity. I want to learn
several traditional songs and music of north east. I want to be a cultural
music ambassador and show the culture and music to every part of the
world," Mangka said.

No comments:

Post a Comment